Research Tips / Websites
The Super 3
The Super 3 is used primarily for students in grades four and under. Students can use the techniques from the Super 3 to assist them in planning out, executing and completing all research based assignments.
The three steps are as follows:
- What is my job?
- What information do I need to find?
- Where can I find the information?
- How will I know if my work is good?
- What is my plan?
- I will find the information needed for the
- I can put the information together to
- I may read from books, use the
computer, take notes, and draw pictures.
- I will cite my sources of information.
- Did I complete the job?
- Did I use my own words?
- Do I feel great about my work?
- Have I proofread to make sure it is correct?
- Is there anything else that needs to be done?
- What will I do differently next time?
The Big 6
The Big 6 is used primarily for students in grades five and above. Students can use the techniques from the Big 6 to assist them in planning out, executing and completing all research based assignments.
The six steps are as follows:
1. TASK DEFINITION
- What needs to be done?
2. INFORMATION SEEKING STRATEGIES
- What resources can I use?
3. LOCATION & ACCESS
- Where can I find the resources?
4. USE OF INFORMATION
- What can I use from these resources?
- What can I make to show what I
- How will I know I did my job well?